A mission shared by Fondation Orange and the Learning Planet Institute
The Learning Planet Institute would like to thank the Fondation Orange for renewing its trust in the FabLabs Solidaires programme.
Since 2018, the Foundation has been an unwavering supporter of the Institute’s mission: to change the ways in which we create, design and bring to life the projects of those seeking to integrate the professional world.
The beneficiaries of the Learning Planet Institute’s “Inclusion” programmes are people living in urban policy districts who need to be (re)mobilised (young people, women and jobseekers with few or no qualifications, etc.) whether through employment and entrepreneurship helped by playful, personalised and innovative tracks.
The digital and technical aspects of these programmes are funded by the Fondation Orange, as part of the FabLabs Solidaires programme. At the Learning Planet Institute’s MakerLab – an evolution of the fablab – beneficiaries reinforce their skills by “learning by doing” through ideation, construction and prototyping sessions using the digital tools available (3D printer, laser cutter, Arduino boards, etc.). They are trained in design, engineering and research methods, while at the same time working on their career plans. This enables them not only to acquire technical skills and knowledge, but also cross-disciplinary skills (cooperation, creativity, critical thinking, etc.).
“We’re teaching people to take back control of technology”, Vladimir Hermand, MakerLab coordinator
Thanks to the Foundation’s generous support, the Inclusion programmes have had the following impact:
- A total of 180 people benefited from the programme
- 3/4 of them followed the employment track and 1/4 the entrepreneurship track
- The group workshops are taking place at the MakerLab, over a period of 4 to 6 weeks for the employment track, and over a period of 6 months for the entrepreneurship track.
- Participants in the employment programme are receiving 60 hours of training, and those in the entrepreneurship programme 180 hours.
- 75% of participants were in employment or training courses at the end of the programme.
- 2/3 of them have permanent or fixed-term contracts or have started their own business.
Over and above the figures, the partnership between the Fondation Orange and the Learning Planet Institute can pride itself on having had a qualitative impact on everyone’s career path, both in terms of fulfilling individual projects and restoring self-confidence and self-esteem.
The life stories we have been able to highlight would not have been possible without the invaluable help of the Foundation.
With support of the Foundation Orange